Community trademark. Nowadays due to the market globalization and that the most of the companies export their products, the protection of the image of the same, as well as the image of the own company, in an international level, is each time more important.
A very efficient way to solve this situation in the European Union as a whole, is through the registration of Community Trademarks.
COMMUNITY TRADEMARK COUNTRIES MEMBERS:
With just one procedure, the application is extensible to all the countries members of the European Union: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, The Netherlands, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania and Sweden.
COMMUNITY TRADEMARK PROCESSING:
- Examination. (1 week).
- Publication and oppositions time (deadline: 3 months).
- Resolution to grant or refuse and time for appeal. (within 2 months).
The advantages that it offers are varied and are detailed as follows:
Community trademark Advantages:
- The costs of the registration of one Community Trademark are low.
- There is just one official fee for the designation of up to three classes of the International Trademark Nice Classification.
- The procedure is fast, as far as there is not opposition (risk that can be avoided with a viability study of the Trademark); the Trademark is granted in about eight months from the application date.
- In the case that an opposition is filed, the Community Trademark Office (OAMI) put in touch both parts to reach an agreement and to solve the opposition in a friendly way. With the latest news in this procedure appears also the figure of the Mediator.
- In the opposition decisions the criteria is: “who lose, pay”, meaning that if an opposition is filed and the same is rejected the cost must be paid. As a consequence, the most of the flied oppositions are well based.
For all these reasons the Community Trademark registration is the most recommended way of registration when you are interested in protect Trademarks in two or more countries of the European Union.
¿Are you interested in a Community Trademark registration?