With the characteristic globalization of the markets, and especially with the advent of the Internet, any trademark can be easily object of abuse and illegal copy.
For this reasons, there is a strong need to protect the distinctive sign of a company through a solid action of trademark registration, both for the corporate image and the goods and services offered.
Why choosing Protectia for the trademark registration in Argentina?
- In Protectia, official agency of Industrial Property, we have a great team of professionals internationally qualified, which will provide you support and advice service throughout all the process of registration: from the application and defence to the granting.
- Trademark classification: the purpose of registering a trademark is to identify its goods and/or services in order to differentiate them from the competition, so it is necessary to indicate, during the initial phase of trademark registration, its area of use. For this distinction is used the Nice international classification, in which are distinguished all goods and services. A correct classification is the key to a proper registration; for this reason, in Protectia all the trademarks are classified as part of our free preliminary advising.
- Viability study of a trademark in Argentina: one of the preliminary steps to be fulfilled before starting the procedure for trademark registration is to ensure the uniqueness and effectiveness of the distinguishing sign proposed. We offer our clients, also free of charge, a careful viability study of the trademark: before starting the registration process, thanks to sophisticated databases consultation, a thorough investigation is carried out to detect possible cases of priority or any record regarding similar or existing trademarks.
Are you interested in a trademark registration in Argentina?I AM INTERESTED
Trademark registration in Argentina: the process
The process for a trademark registration in Argentina usually goes through four main steps:
- Filing of the application
- Formal examination
- Publication in the trademarks and patents journal and term for third parties opposition
The average duration for a trademark process in Argentina, including its granting from the moment of filing the application to the publication, is 1 year in case oppositions are not filed, whereas it goes from 18 to 24 months in case of existing oppositions and third parties appeals.
The registration of a trademark in Argentina gives the holder its exclusive use for 10 years starting from the date of registration, renewable for a period of the same duration.
Procedures for the trademark registration in Argentina
Argentina does not belong to the International system of trademark registration of Madrid. Therefore, it is necessary to directly present the trademark in Argentina, with the possibility of applying for the trademark claiming the unionist priority of 6 months.
It is noteworthy that Argentina is a fairly formalistic country so it is necessary to sign a power of attorney and the competent authority will affix the Hague Apostille.
Advices about trademark registration in Argentina
Usually, on an international level, starting any type of business bring the inclination to focus the importance on advertising and marketing actions, before even considering what should actually be the first major action to comply: the trademark registration.
A solid and structured agency such as Protectia, which has an exhaustively experience in the field and also has correspondents in all country, is ideal to manage and carry out in total comfort and safety a proper trademark registration service.