Having a good advisor who knows the specific needs of each company and tailors them to the different existing international rules and agreements is of special importance in international trademark protection to achieve the balance between maximum protection and minimum cost. International trademarks protection can be obtained by means of direct applications in each country or by implementing the international trademark procedure.
International Trademark is a procedure for registering trademarks managed by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)through two treaties, namely the Madrid Agreement and the Madrid Protocol. The countries may adhere to one or the other or to both of them.
¿Would you like to register an international trademark?CONTACT US
- A Spanish trademark: any country can be designated.
- A community trademark: member countries of the Madrid Agreement and the Madrid Protocol and/or member countries of just the Madrid Protocol can be designated (never the member countries adhered only to the Madrid Agreement).
- Countries adhered to the Madrid Agreement and Madrid Protocol: general designation fee.
- Countries adhered to the Madrid Protocol: individual fee, each country has its own cost.
- See complete list of WIPO countries
You can also search through our search engine: TRADEMARK WORLDWIDE REGISTRATION
Protectia registers, monitors and defends trademarks worldwide. Here we show an overview of the processing in each of the countries of the world. Search for the country of your interest and if you can not find it, contact us and we will provide you all the information.