Patent Registration in Haiti – Patenting Products or Inventions.Francesca Mandolini2019-04-19T06:19:49+02:00
An essential part of any business strategy is the need to protect Intellectual Property.
In Protectia we have an exhaustive experience and a great team of high skilled professionals specialized in every aspect of the matter. They will be able to assess the specific needs of every single case and adjust it to the different ways and international agreements, in order to guarantee our clients quality assessment and efficient management throughout all the process of registration and defence of the patent.
Registro de patentes en Haiti: tramitación
It is noteworthy that the official language, administratively authorized in Haiti, is French.
The administrative authority of Industrial Property in Haiti, which has, among others, the responsibility to register patents is the MCI (Ministère du Commerce et de l’Industrie).
The procedure to register a patent in Haiti:
- Filing of the application.
- Formal examination.
- Publication of the application within 18 months from the date of application.
- Request for patentability examination, prior to 36 months from the date of filing of the application. It is noteworthy that the examination should be requested after 60 days from the date of publication. This moment opens a 90 days period to respond to the review official action.
- Granting of the patent, payment of the registration fees and issuance of the certificate of the patent registration.
Would you like to register a patent in Haiti?CONTACT US
A patent in Haiti, once is granted, is valid for a non-extendible period of 20 years. Besides, during this period, annual payments must be done for the maintenance of the patent´s rights.
Why choosing Protectia for the registration of a patent in Haiti?
When it comes to any subject related to patents, our agency is distinguished by several aspects:
- Legal advice and patentability study: in Protectia, as a prior step and part of our advice, we always recommend our clients to perform a preliminary study of patentability, essential to detect the existence of prior rights and to be sure that the invention meets all the requirements to be patented.
- Resources and experience: we have powerful informatics resources along with the expertise of our professional, essential to advise, develop and manage the protection of inventions in Haiti.
- Personal treatment: in Protectia we support our clients in a completely personalized way throughout all the process of patent registration, from the application, defence, monitoring to the granting.