Tests have been particularly severe in this call, this is the reason for having such a low number of approved: 266 candidates who took the exam, only 29 have passed the test.
Test consisits of three exams:
- The first one about the knowledge of Industrial Property on national and international level: 73 themes divided in 4 different areas:
- First part: Inventions, Patents, Usability Models.
- Second part: distinctive signs.
- Third part: International Framework for the Protection of Industrial Property.
- Fourth part: SPTO – Administrative law.
- The second exam: legal translations from Spanish to English and English to Spanish. Making both written translations of a text about industrial property, “without dictionary”, from Spanish to English and vice versa.
- The third exam: two practical cases.
- First part: case study of inventions.
- Second part: case study of distinctive signs.
Among those presents, Protectia – Patents and Trademarks Agency is the only firm with two approved candidates.
Both titles come to reinforce the professional team of the office, and is a clear demonstration of our strong commitment to on-going training in order to provide the best service to our clients.
Are you interested in the registration of a patent or trademark?